... lexington color me rad 5k ...

Photographers are fierce y'all. Wicked fierce. We dart, we move, we dip, we dodge, we get the shot. Ever wonder how we stay in tip top shape? Well, we run(walk) 5k's! Okay - that may be a tad exaggeration (as this was my first one I ran) but we did have a blast and took a "bazillion" photos. Enjoy these few from the day. Vidyuta from Five by Five and Gabe & Mary from Honey Heart represented today!

It started at 5:30 pm when I rolled into Lexington yesterday.  Vidy and I jumped in the mini and off to the shops in search of some warmer wear for our run.  You see we both thought that March 1st would be "cold" but not SNOW and 29 degrees!  That is just bitter cold.  I knew I had some ear muffs, scarf and sunnies (wayfarers represent) - but I opted for a nice little grey sweatshirt because there were no white ones to be found.  I should have just taken my OSU med one or something, but this was a bit more fun and the one I ended up with was very warm.

We also grabbed some pasta to "carbo-load." In hindsight, we really just wanted some spaghetti and french bread -- we just called it carboloading because, you know, when in Rome and all.  After our pasta (and meeting Vidy's parents - and me developing a great fear of her momma), we settled in for some chatting and painting of the nails.  I opted for the multi-color-looks-like-I'm-a-sixth-grader in honor of the neons and Vidy opted for some red toes.  Thank you Essie for this estrogen fueled evening. 

At about midnight we figured we'd better hop into bed considering we had an early wake time.  With the alarm set for 6am, we were off to dreamland. 

Dude, dude, that 6am alarm.  It came early.  I was going to snooze, but as anyone who knows me knows, I HATE my hair in a pony tail.  So I was up and at'em to put my hair into a cute, but secure up do.  It rocked if I do say so myself.  One cup of coffee added to my morning and we were off to meet up with Jaimeson, Mary and Gabe.

I was so jazzed by this point I am pretty sure I was running on pure excitement as we headed over to the Commonweath Stadium together.   Luckily we were there for the 8:20am race time and popped in with that group - it was cold folks, we just wanted to run!  I popped on my new pink Color Me Rad socks and said, "let's go!!"

The 5k itself was a blast and we did a mixture of walking and running.  Even the most hard core runners had to walk up a VERY muddy hill by some construction.   We also preferred the powder color stations to the "power wash" ones.  It looked like those law sprayer back packs and it was COLD!  Did I mention it was 29 degrees?  Why are you spraying us with color water!?

The last little stretch was a slope downwards so we ran it on home being pelted with PINK powder.  Not deeming ourselves covered enough, Vidy and I smashed our color packs into every last inch we could.  I am pretty sure she will be showering blue out of her hair for days to come. 

It was such a blast!  And yes, I would probably do this again.... because well, it is just fun to make a mess somewhere else besides your own home and get to photograph it!  Enjoy the iPhone photos I was able to snap along the way!  And there is a "play by play" over on my Instagram feed!




Our "Afters" and "After a Shower!"




0 Share The Love: