... app-a-palooza ...

With all the mega awesome apps on the market these days for the iPhone (android too I guess?), I thought I would finally sit down and do a "this is what I use" list - because I get asked at least 5 times a day by random people on IG and Facebook.  Heck, I had one girl email me too!

So, here is my list and what I use them for:

PicTapGo - From RadLabs.
If you are a photographer or photo junkie, this name will sound familiar.  It is from the people who bring you TotallyRad! for your regular editing needs.  Now, while I do not use their actions or presets, I do FULLY ADORE the PicTapGo app!  Don't believe me?  Go check out my IG feed and see how many photos have the hashtag on them since the day it became available in the iTunes store! You can dial it in and out the "strength" of the filter. You can layer different filters and even save the "recipe" for later use. You can send the file to Instagram in square form or in vert/horiz rectangle and it does all the work for you. You can also send to FB and Twitter or save to your camera roll.

Here are some PicTapGo images all from my iPhone:




Next is the VSCOcam app for iPhone. -
 Again, if you are familiar with my professional work or are a photographer yourself, chances are you have heard of the people from VSCO. They rock... and so do their film emulations. This used to be my number one app, but now it is a tie between PTG and VSCO. In this app you can fine tune the image with things like white balance, fill, ect. You can also layer the filters, but you can not choose their strength. It also sends to IG and Facebook, but does not have the functions like PTG.
Here are VSCO images from the iPhone:




Lastly there is Afterglow.
 It was something I was turned on to after starting the ProjectLife365 from Design Aglow. I love the unique shapes I could cut my IG out into. I loved the film emulations again (are you noting a trend here?).
Here are some images from Afterglow (and my IG feed):




Now for the extras:

  • Phonto - Adding all the fonts.  You can also add your own (so I have my logo font and a few faves loaded in).
  • PicFx - I rarely use this, but am glad to have it every so often when I get incredibly bored.  Yes, I edit iPhone (or even non iPhone) photos for fun. 
  • Holographium - Use this to light paint words.  It's fun, dumb, but fun. 
  • Photogene2 - Barely use this anymore, but I have found it useful in the past. 
  • Snapseed - Again, hardly use it. 
  • Diptic - This has been around forever, I am surprised more people don't know about it.  It allows you to do just that, create diptics of your images to tell a story instead of a single image.  Good way to lump those 20 images of that concert together instead of IG'ing each one and pissing off your friends. 
  • Squaready - No longer use this now that I have PicTapGo, but it puts your images into a square format for IG. 
  •  

0 Share The Love: